Over lunch today, the topic was the Lottery, or here in the Philippines, "Lotto." Or more specifically, what will you do if you win the lottery?
Most of the people in that table said they were going to resign, with much drama, packing their stuff in a box and lashing out at difficult bosses and officemates, slapping people with bundles of money to pay for loans (hehe), buying everything they want in the world...
So, I took a quick look at the Philippine Charity Sweepstake Office Website (because I was curious how much we are really talking about here) and found that the grand prize for today's draw for SuperLotto is a staggering Php 182,000,000.00 (or about $3.7 Million).
Holy ef! I never knew it was that much! Haha. (Seriously, this is the first time I checked...) Let's put things in perspective here... that much money can buy you either:
- One of these islands, or
- Around 9,000 Google shares at $400 per share :D
Which brings me back to my first question:
"WHAT WILL YOU DO IF YOU WIN THE LOTTERY?"
Seriously, here's what I will do (aside from get married and have twins!)
- Try my best to keep it a secret from everyone other than my immediate family and loved ones (no, I won't blog about it, haha) because I want to be alive to enjoy all that money!
- Buy a corner lot on a busy street and put up a Kentucky Fried Chicken or Jollibee franchise
- Buy a beachfront property in Boracay and put up a resort/hotel (because I want to have a place to stay when I go there!)
- Take a month's leave (or two) from work and travel around Europe to visit friends (yep, I won't quit my job until my businesses are stable!)
- Take my Masters Degree in Business Administration
- Set up businesses (instead of give money) for all my family (so that they all have sustainable incomes!)
- Buy a condo unit in Alabang
- Get a bodyguard. (just in case!)
- Set-up a charity that helps children by keeping them off the streets and teaching them music.
- Build a new spa or wellness center. :D
These are just some of the thing I will do. Haha. How about you? What will you do? Reply in the comments section below or blog about this and link to this post!