Charice releases "Pyramid"Filipino pop sensation Charice (or Charice Pempengco) has released the video for "Pyramid", the first song off her album due to drop on May 11. The video was released through Oprah.com on April 11, 2010.
She will be announcing the release of her album via her 5th guesting on The Oprah Winfrey Show on May 11, 2010, a day after her 18th birthday.
As of today, April 15, 2010 - Thursday, "Pyramid" had spent 8 weeks on the Billboard Dance/Club Play Songs Chart and is current at #7. It has also entered the Canadian Hot 100 at #98.
I do like the song and think it is a great way for her to enter mainstream US pop music arena. I have to admit, the first time I heard it on the radio, I thought it was Jojo. But the more I listened the more I realized their differences.
"Pyramid" Official Video
The video is embedded on this post after the jump, but before you watch I want you to watch out for the following amusing things in the video...
- In the beginning, Charice reads the Callbacks list and unfortunately does not find her name there. Watch her finger at 0:07 go all the way to the bottom of the list, but in the next second, 0:08, her finger is back in the middle of the sheet.
- Notice also how they cast the 4 girls behind her. They're all near her height. Haha!
- Next they show Iyaz outside. Judging from his shadow on the pavement, it'd be around noontime. 0:13 - Where the heck did all that smoke come from? Maybe a grilled food stand nearby? Hehe.
- At 1:55, Iyaz does the "Rollin' with the homies" move by the late Brittany Murphy.
- At 2:22 - Charice accentuates "Like a Pyramid!" with a hip sway - reminiscent of Beyonce's weird dance move in "Listen" where she does a shimmie with the line "I'm more than what you made of me..."
- And finally at 2:27 - while Charice sings "We'll never fall just keep it going...", she actually mouths the words "We'll never fall just keep ON going..."
Enjoy the video and go buy her album! Let's support our Kababayan, Charice! Mabuhay ka!
What did you think of Charice's new song?
Photo credits: Charicemania
Click this to Subscribe to Reyjr.com
Galing ni charice!!! :DReplyDelete
I also noticed her microphone from senheiser with diamond to regular in different section of the video.ReplyDelete
whew...ayos talaga si charice!! yohooo proud ako maging pinoy heheReplyDelete
you forgot about the 'walking ghost' at 2:14.ReplyDelete
the senheiser is supposed to be her 'dream mic' and the the regular one is the reality mic.ReplyDelete
Hardly noticed the things you noted to watch out for. :) Awesome voice.ReplyDelete
Proud ako jan kay Charice, pang international na talaga! Wag lang sana maging over rated. Ok lng po ba pa exchange links?ReplyDelete
I love Charice! her songs and her performance..as a person, as a woman and as a daughter!! Whatever happens..i will always support her..Cheers!!ReplyDelete
i'm proud to be a chaster... hehehe. go charice.. AT THE TOP BABY.ReplyDelete
Wonderful video..i love everything about Charice..keep them coming rejr and thanks for thisReplyDelete
hi thanks reyjr. enjoyed reading your blog! let us do our best to promote our POP PRINCESS, chariceeeeeeeeeeeeeReplyDelete
Nice job reyjr!ReplyDelete
Charice is in her way to stardom! Thanks to all the people who believed in her that she can make to the top!
Not really a big fan of Charice and her voice but the song is really awesome. She's really doing nice globally.ReplyDelete
eah, and I hope she'll do more records of who she really is.ReplyDelete
I mean, she got huge voice and she should not do those RnB thing that really can not showcase her true gift. Not really "Diva" songs, just deeper and melodically challenging songs.ReplyDelete
Yeah, she got it so she must use it. I hope next time there will be not too much voice editing, her voice is good enough for both live and studio performances.ReplyDelete
I don't know how to point it out but Pyramid sounds very strange to me, almost like not Charice. If I'm gonna be listening for it for the first time only in the radio, I will never ever think it's Charice. Hehe.ReplyDelete
Yeah, it's a good pop song. I just hope that next time will be a better sound. :-DReplyDelete